Vighter Medical Group is seeking a Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse supporting the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Division of Children's Services/Unaccompanied Children's program providing unaccompanied children with a safe and appropriate environment until they are released to an appropriate sponsor while their immigration cases proceed.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
- We have a well-respected staff
- We are proud to have one of the highest retention rates in the Homestead shelter
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Pay
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health and Retirement Benefits
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for complete medical screening for each child within 48-hours of arrival to the medical facility.
- Licensed Practical Nurse will refer children, as needed, to hospital or medical specialists.
- Licensed Practical Nurse will maintain the UC case file and ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be proficient in both English and Spanish
- Must have exceptional clinical skill and ability
- Must be certified in the state work is to be conducted
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and carry up to 10ft
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.