Are you passionate about caring for others, and truly making a difference? Then we have a job for you!
Our donor center is in need of a compassionate and highly professional Licensed Practical Nurse who is comfortable evaluating and counseling donors as well as supporting the team in all other areas of the center. The selected candidate will love working with a diverse group of donors, staff, and have extensive experience communicating effectively with others. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel and staff work together for the common good of others, and for the many individuals that benefit from our work.
The successful candidate will deliver excellent donor service, answer donor questions, act as a resource for our staff, consulting with our physicians, and strengthen the relationship between our donors and our center staff. Our team is dedicated to exceptional customer service, while building a successful partnership with the community in which we work. If this sounds appealing to you, then you have similar goals in mind.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse on staff you are responsible for the medical evaluation of potential donors for automated plasmapheresis procedures. You will confirm donor suitability in a timely manner, consulting with a donor center physician as needed. You will provide limited emergency care including the administration of any medications or treatments in accordance with your certification, training and standard operating procedures.
Additional responsibilities of the LPN role include:
- Determining donor suitability of new applicants
- Conducting evaluations to ensure criteria of normal plasma donors are met
- Reviews medical histories and performs suitability examinations
- Maintains communication logs regarding any communications with the licensed physician regarding donor suitability
- Reviews normal and abnormal test results and determines continued donor eligibility
- Counsels donors with abnormal test results and defers donors accordingly
- Complete cross trainings as required by management
- Utilizes bilingual skills to communicate with donors, as needed
Qualified candidates of this nursing role must be graduates of a recognized healthcare educational program. You must be organized, team-oriented, flexible and comfortable working with a diverse range of people in a very busy medical environment.
Other requirements of the LPN role include:
- Licensed as an LPN
- Specific State licensing must be met per location
- 1+ year of hospital, field care or plasma center experience, preferred
- Blood bank or plasma center experience, highly preferred
- Must maintain current certification in CPR
- Ability to educate donors, staff, and community regarding plasma donation program
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Word and Excel preferred)
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel and center information
- Ability to work on weekends
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, both verbal and written
At Octapharma Plasma we believe in our employees who have the passion and ability to make a difference to the quality of life of their communities. The individual growth and success of each and every employee at Octapharma Plasma is an integral part of our continued growth and success. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) contribution and matching program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs