Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading long term acute care hospital group (LTAC) committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone, with its recent merger of Solara Healthcare, is headquartered in Dallas and owns 18 hospitals in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of all patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric experiencing medically complex conditions, general medical-surgical conditions, with rehabilitation and/or wound care needs.
The Licensed Practical Nurse duties includes:
- Working under the supervision of the Charge/Registered Nurse, provides care, as delegated by the RN, consistent with established hospital and nursing standards,
- responsible for reporting changes in patient condition to the RN
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing care to patients.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments.
- Perform additional duties assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirements are a Graduate from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or licensed practical nursing with current state license in good standing.
- Two or more years of acute care or rehabilitation experience as a LVN/LPN is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current state license to practice as an LPN. Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment. ACLS certification preferred within one year of employment or as available courses allow.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- Paid Holidays
- On Site Cafeteria
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Food and Coffee
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Referral Program