South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
Provides and documents individualized resident care to include resident evaluation, education, medication administration, IV therapy, treatments and resident safety under the supervision of the RN.
* Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of resident care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
* Communicates appropriate information regarding the resident's condition to the MD and other members of the healthcare team.
* Maintains a safe and caring environment for both resident and family.
* Assumes an active role in keeping informed about changes in facility policy, procedure and equipment.
* Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the resident served on the assigned unit.
* Demonstrates the ability to evaluate data reflective of the resident's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each resident's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
* Supervises and delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's capabilities and qualifications.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
* Practices efficient use of supplies.
* Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
Graduate from LPN program or Board recognized nursing equivalency.
Maintains current Florida LPN license renewed every two years.
Maintains current BLS certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled