Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading long term acute care hospital group (LTAC) committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone, with its recent merger of Solara Healthcare, is headquartered in Dallas and owns 18 hospitals in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Licensed Practical Nurse works closely with Resident Care Assistants to ensure timely response to call for assistance. Oversees resident care including medication administration, obtaining resident vital signs and weight, and reporting any changes in condition to physicians, healthcare proxies and supervisors.
- Interviews residents to determine medical problems or condition and documents in the chart for the physicians
- Provides service in accordance with the state assisted living standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures and Federal and State regulations.
- Participates in the pre-admission and move-in assessments of all AL residents
- Develops and revises cares plans for AL residents based on their needs assessment
- Assists the physicians with resident examinations, reviewing and transcribing physician orders and providing medical treatment as ordered
- Supervises the residents in self-care of medical equipment, such as oxygen, catheters, colostomies, etc.
- Maintains medications through ordering, stocking and monitoring
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirements are a Graduate from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or licensed practical nursing with current state license in good standing.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a nurse, preferably in a skilled nursing setting
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current state license to practice as an LPN. Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment.