- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Competitive hourly rates
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standards under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. This includes: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patient’s needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients’ physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiates use of restraints under the direction of the Registered Nurse as per hospital policy and procedure. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Graduate of an accredited practical school of nursing
- Active Florida LPN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit under the supervision/direction of the Registered Nurse. The Nurse assists with implementation and administration of the nursing process relative to the medical and nursing plan of care. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and/or designee