At MedExpress Urgent Care, we seek considerate and driven individuals in our neighborhood medical centers to exceed patient expectations every day.
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or medical assistant (MA) is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful LPN or MA will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures, and other duties
- Perform clinical intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
- If LPN, able to prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ, PO, and intradermal medication administration at the direction of the medical provider (per applicable State regulations and MedExpress guidelines)
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
If Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical or Vocational Nursing
- Current state LPN licensure and BLS/CPR certification
- 2+ years of clinical experience in direct patient care
- Maintain CEU/CMEs as applicable for licensure
- Current IV Certification or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state
- Experience with venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
If Medical Assistant:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of medical assistant training program and/or 3+ years of direct patient care experience performing medical assistant clinical duties in an urgent care, physician practice, or emergency room setting
- Must meet all other state requirements by law, including but not limited to all state requirements, and licenses, where applicable
- If required by state must maintain current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any other recognized certifying body approved by the Board.
If Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse:
- Experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
If Medical Assistant:
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Prior experience with employer health services (including urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Direct experience with the following tasks:
- Clinical intake, patient data collection
- Laboratory specimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collection, point of care testing, etc.)
- Performing EKG testing
- Application of orthopedic devices, such as preformed splints
- Performing basic wound care
- Review of basic instructions such as use of patient assistive devices (crutch fitting & walking)
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LPN, LVN, Medical Assistant, MA, healthcare, patient care, MedExpress, Danville, VA
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Health Care Delivery (Clin Care)
Shift: Day Job