Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse to work day shift within our Crisis Stabilization Unit at our Bloomington, IL location.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Carry out the health care plan designed by the Practitioner.
- Administer treatments and/or prescribed medications.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate.
- Provide limited physical assessment for the purpose of screening acute problems as requested by and under the supervision of the Practitioner.
- Provide health teaching for patients and their families from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Active Illinois Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license required.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled