Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems, is seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Carry out the health care plan designed by the Practitioner.
- Administer treatments and/or medication prescribed by physicians.
- Interview clients for the purpose of gathering health history.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate (i.e., TB tests).
- Provide limited physical assessment for the purpose of screening acute problems as requested by and under the supervision of the Practitioner.
- Provide health teaching for patients and their families from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness by assisting consumers with acquiring control over their own lives through self-directed recovery.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and the community to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Conduct all of the above functions in the treatment modality and location most appropriate to the provision of quality and continuity of care.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Active Illinois Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license required.
- High School diploma, nursing school certificate, and five (5) years’ of experience in family practice, pediatrics, health center, or other applicable medical setting.
- Some knowledge of pharmacology and possible side effects of medications required.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled