Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Duties include providing routine care, general observation of client’s health status, assists the RN and physician in treatments and communicating with clients and their families/guardians. Reports changes in condition and/or additional client needs to supervisor.
• Providing 1:1 care for client following client's plan of care at all times while maintaining client's dignity and independence.
• Monitoring client’s vital statistics and reporting abnormal findings to the Case Manager and Physician
• Administering medications, feedings, oxygen, ostomy care as needed per client's plan of care and provided assessments of results.
• Completing routines as established by other care professionals such as PT, OT, Speech Therapists
• Insuring infection control policies are maintained at all times, reporting possible communicable diseases or infections and insures the overall implementation and practice of infection control procedutres are implemented
• Accurately documenting nursing actions of all care given and communication with family, case manager, and physicians as well as documentating the progress and outcomes for established goals and Informing physician, case manager, and families of changes in client's medical condition and needs
• Coordinating or ordering supplies, medications, and feedings as needed to insure adequate amounts are on hand at all times
• Ensuring all patient needs are being met in accordance with the instructions of the physician.
• Monitoring incidents involving individuals. Ensuring incident reports are completed timely, accurately, and informing case managers; examining the individual following the incident
• Ensuring all medical equipment is maintained and reporting faulty equipment to DME for repair
• Other duties as assigned.
• LPN/LPT/LVN Degree from an accredited college of nursing with current unrestricted registration and license in the state of practice
• Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of car insurance
• CPR professional certification
• Experience in administering medications
• 1+ years of nursing experience preferred
• Home health care experience preferred
• Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds
• Be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, sit, and walk for periods of time.
• Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing
Advanced Home Health provides compassionate, quality nursing and rehabilitative care in the comfort of home for patients who have difficulties leaving home. An interdisciplinary care team comprised of an expert panel of clinical managers, registered and licensed practical nurses, medical social workers, certified nursing assistants, home health aides, and occupational, physical, and speech therapists collaborate with physicians to create a care plan to meet the patients’ clinical and recovery goals. The care team provides an unsurpassed level of quality care for patients while supporting their families or caregivers in their time of need. For more information, visit www.advhomehealth.com.
$3,00 sign on bonus available!Must meet full-time criteria to qualify.