Licensed Practical Nurse AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for identifying his/her individual educational preparation and experience when accepting an assignment. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient.
- The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Performs treatments within their scope of training and administers oral, IM and limited I.V. medications to assigned patients.
- Provides direct patient care responsibilities for assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner under the direction of the RN.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training in Accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing.
- Advanced Pharmacology Course completion
- Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support within hire.
- Completion of IV Therapy Course as outlined by the State of Florida, Board of Nursing
Under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides care for a set number of patients utilizing the patient care process, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Health Care needs are identified with the patient and family: formulates plan, sets goals for care, and educates patient and family. Evaluates patient outcomes in response to the plan and revises, as patient needs/responses requires. Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.