Renders professional nursing care, as directed by RN, to individuals within an assigned unit of the hospital and/or program. FLOATER POSTITON
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Completion of accredited program of nursing required.
Licensure: Must possess and maintain licensure by Tennessee and/or Virginia.
Experience: Experience in nursing in a psychiatric setting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of accepted nursing practices and procedures.
Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
Verbal/written communication skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of a plan of care.
- Record individual's activities, observations and behavioral symptoms per treatment plan and program procedure, as evidenced by performance improvement findings.
- Attends and participated in staff conferences or interdisciplinary team meetings to ensure input as itrelates to patients, as assigned.
- Provides a variety of didactic therapeutic groups as per specific program requirements.
- Assists physicians as needed or requested.
- Evaluates and documents individual's reactions to medications and treatments.
- Administers prescribed medications per MD order. 95% compliance
- Educates individual/family toward an understanding of health/illness.90% compliance
- Monitors/assesses individual vital signs, observes and records medical needs, and responses tomedical treatment.
- Utilize personal protective equipment when performing invasive procedures, collecting urine and transporting lab specimens.
- Knowledgeable of Management of Aggressive Patient techniques and utilizes in emergency psychiatric situations.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and inservices and individualprogram planning staffings as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.