Nursing Services/Licensed School Nurse
Columbia Heights School District
NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: December 11, 2019
Position Title: Licensed School Nurse
Assignment:Related Services Department assigned to Columbia Heights School District
Expected Starting Date:ASAP
Coordinates all health related evaluations and programs for students. Provides direction to other health service staff and unlicensed assistant personnel. Promotes health education with school staff. Serves as liaison with the school and the medical community and provides specialized in-services on school health related services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary team. Coordinates and assesses the need for medical evaluations. Clarifies information regarding student health and needs that will be considered when determining appropriate educational programming.
- Serves as medical liaison between the school, family, primary health care provider, and agencies for obtaining and exchanging health information.
- Coordinates, requests, and interprets required medical evaluation services to determine appropriate educational programming.
- Interprets health information and its impact on educational planning for students.
- Collaborates with school staff and committees in interpreting health information and its impact on educational planning for students. Interprets the medical information and applies it to the Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individualized Health Plan.
- Analyzes health data relative to national trends to determine program modifications and professional development needs. Develops continuing education modules using credential guidelines to meet professional requirements for nurses.
- Provides direct care to children in the school setting according to doctors' orders (medication administration) up to emergency care for student/staff injuries.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, R.N. License, and licensure from the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board as a Public School Nurse.
Commitment to Equity:
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, clickhere.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.