**BSI EHS Services and Solutions frequently has a need for experienced site safety managers to monitor assigned construction sites in the NYC area and enforce compliance with government regulations, acts and standards. Please apply to this job if you would like to be considered for future opportunities and we will contact you if we have an opening. On your cover letter or resume, please indicate your availability.**
This individual must currently possess a New York City Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager License. Candidates without an active license will not be considered.
- Ensure compliance for the safety of site workers and general public per NYC DOB Chapter 33.
- Develop safety kick-off presentations and conduct on-site training sessions
- Conduct daily site safety inspections, safety assessments, and safety audits
- Investigate all accidents and complete all paperwork required by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or state regulations
- Conduct risk assessments
- Make recommendations concerning the modification, improvement, or removal of any company equipment, facilities, or machinery that is hazardous to employee safety or health
- Compile daily, weekly, and monthly reports as requested by management or customer
- Serve as company liaison with OSHA, Insurance carriers and other regulatory agencies
- Maintain all safety related documentation
- A high school diploma is required and an undergraduate degree in occupational health and safety or related field is preferred.
- New York City Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager License is required.
- 30 hour OSHA and 40 hour Site Safety Course Certificate of Completion is required
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is desired.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Ability to teach and train others on safety program
- Ability to plan and implement projects
- Ability to identify known potential exposures and recommending corrective action
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Minimum three (3) years of construction safety management experience
- Working knowledge of construction safety principles, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of OSHA-CFR 1926 “Construction Safety & Health”, the New York City Department of Buildings Construction Safety requirements, Chapter 33 and FDNY Code Chapter 14.
In considering this opportunity, candidates will be joining a team of dedicated professionals with a firm that has built its success by maintaining a coherent understanding and appreciation of each of its employees. Our clients value our ability to provide unsurpassed Code Compliance expertise and maintain safe and successful projects throughout New York City.
In 2016, BSI Professional Services acquired BSI EHS Services and Solutions. Our company has been a renowned and respected Environmental and Safety Consultants in NYC for the past 25 years. We service Real Estate, Hospitality, Commercial, Educational, Institutional and Public Sector clients in Manhattan and the tri-state area. Our team is fast paced and competitive in the construction industry where no 2 days are the same.
BSI has a global team of over 4,000 professionals serving clients in 180 countries with offices in 30 countries. BSI is a business services organization, respected for the development of standards, assessment of management systems, testing and certification of products and services, providing software solutions, delivery of training courses and providing environmental health and safety consultancy services.