- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Social Worker
- Date Posted:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide comprehensive school social work services to parents, students and school staff, addressing barriers that limit a student from receiving full benefit from their educational learning experience. Respond to referrals from administration, parents, teachers, the Student Support Team, the Special Education team, and others by providing direct services and by assisting families in accessing appropriate community resources and to assist students and families to resolve personal and social and emotional problems that interfere with their adjustment to cyber and in-class learning and their capacity to enjoy the fullest benefits of the educational system offered to them.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Master’s of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited institution
• Pennsylvania Social Worker License( LSW )
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Experience with low income and urban families within a school-based or mental health setting preferred
• Knowledge in relevant legal matters and with systems of care in PA
• Awareness and understanding of the living environments and stressors of various cultural groups
• Exceptional skills in consulting, collaborating and communicating effectively
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, health and employment clearances
LOCATION: Administration Building.
SALARY: In accordance with the HEA Contract Agreement.
WORK CONTRACT: In accordance with the HEA Contract Agreement.0Share
Email To A Friend