Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Licensed Social Worker.
The Social Worker will be responsible for the psychosocial assessment and participate in the development of an interdisciplinary plan of care of the Hospice patient/family to assure the best quality of life.
- MSW from Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school.
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a Clinical Social Worker in the state of Florida.
- Valid driving license and good driving record.
- Must have one (1) year of healthcare experience.
- Social work or counseling background, knowledge of community resources
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting required.
- Working knowledge of systems theory and family dynamics.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills, including crisis intervention and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Organization, time-management, and self-awareness.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with Team Members at all levels in the organization.
- Professionalism in interpersonal verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel is required
- Skilled in providing care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Provide and document psychosocial assessments
- Provide psychosocial support and services to the patient/caregiver
- Facilitate community referrals
- Facilitate Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility transfers
- Assess bereavement needs
- Provide crisis intervention
- Serve as a resource to the interdisciplinary team
- Participate in education of the community regarding Hospice care
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.