Serenity Hospice, a member of theHospice Partners of America family, is seeking aLicensedMedical Social Worker provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family unit in our Salem, Oregon territory.
Do you demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, judgment and communication skills? Do you have the ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner? Are you self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision?
If you answered "YES" - apply TODAY!!
The Social Worker provides:
- Diagnostic evaluation of psychosocial problems and defines social service goals for alleviating problems.
- Demonstrate exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Perform the psychosocial assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program in a timely manner and ensure that identified needs are addressed in the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Provide an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance when this is not safe and another plan is required.
- Counsel patient, family/caregivers and staff as needed in relationship to stress and other identified coping difficulties.
- Provide assistance with applications for Supplemental Security Income, Hospice, Medicaid, and Medicaid Waiver.
- Obtain resources from community social, health, pharmaceutical and welfare agencies to assist in meeting patient/family needs.
- Maintain and develop contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
- Serve as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Participate in the development of the individualized Plan of Care and attend regularly scheduled Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Communicate with hospitals, doctors, and other health care providers regarding existing and potential billing problems and coordinate efforts to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with long-term care staff.
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing
Whatever It Takes When It Matters The Most.
There are many hospices, but only oneSerenity Hospice.
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
- At SerenityHospice, you will enjoy an employment package that includes competitive pay and exceptional benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition assistance, continuing education and more.
- LicensedSocial Worker withcurrent licensure to practice in the state of Oregon.
- Mastersin Social Work
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understands hospice philosophy & regulatory guidelines and has a passion for impacting the lives of others
- Ability to motivate and mentor your team while assisting with organizing and prioritizing the workload
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with ORand/or company's requirements.
- Current CPR
- Current car insurance.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
At Serenity, our promise is that no one dies alone, afraid or in pain.
Hospice experience preferred.