Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Adult Substance Use Clinician to work at our Granite City, IL location, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct diagnostic and assessment evaluations and place clients in the appropriate level of care.
- Develop Master Treatment Plans (MTP) and develop continuing care plans with the clients.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling and rehabilitation services to client and their families (all levels, including advanced or specialized therapy skills) using evidence-based practices.
- Facilitate skills and educational groups as required by the program.
- Maintain thorough documentation of all services provided with the required timeframes.
- Maintain regular contact with each client’s collaterals.
- Provide services to the insured population.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing evidence based approaches (including, but not limited to, MET, CRA, CBT) which are consistent with the following treatment philosophies: client centered, trauma informed, recovery oriented, and strength based.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to ASAM criteria, DASA Rule 2060, and DSM.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills to perform job duties.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings, client staffing, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary.
- Participate in professional training and educational activities in order to achieve/maintain professional development and upgrade knowledge/skills.
- Meet or exceed productivity expectations as determined by supervisor.
- Support, model, and teach recovery values including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness, and spirituality/connectedness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to individual’s cultural beliefs and values
- Supervise interns and assist in the orientation of new staff.
- Recognized by the Program and Clinical Directors as a peer leader to informally advise staff (clinical mentor) and provide clinical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Demonstrate project management capability or leadership potential.
- Provide LCSW, LCPC, or LMFT supervision to staff as appropriate.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect client confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Masters degree in a human services field with relevant experience and obtain a license as an LCSW, LCPC, LMFT.
- Must be certified in Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) within (2) two years following CRA training.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled