- Position Type:
Teaching Substitute/Substitute Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Licensed Substitute/ Guest Teacher Vacancy
K-12 - District Wide
Day to Day Substitute Teaching - Current substitutes do not need to apply
Please read entire posting and requirements prior to applying
January 17, 2019
Licensed Substitute/Guest Staff Orientation:
New substitutes are required to participate in an orientation - dates to be determined
Starting Pay Rates:
Full Day = $100.00 Half Day = $60.00
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Required- BA/BS from accredited college or universityPreferred- Valid Colorado teaching license or Substitute Authorization (3 and 5 year only - 1 year authorizations are not accepted)
- Essential Job Functions:
The following duties and responsibilites are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this positon. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilites required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties and responsibilites may vary depending upon building assignment and other factors.
* Translates lesson plans into learning experience as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
* Demonstrates subject matter concepts and examples using models, technology provided, and teacher- prepared instructional aids.
* Demonstrates punctuality and good attendance
* Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including proper use of equipment.
* Follows appropriate district policies and procedures.
* Assumes responsibility for instruction, duties, and supervision of students according to assigned position.
* Demonstrates confidentiality as related to job.
* Establishes rapport with students and provides a pleasant, safe, and orderly climate conducive to learning.
* Supervises students in and out of classroom activities during the assigned work day.
Terms of Employment - Nothing contained in this job description is intended to create any contractual obligations on the part of the substitute teacher or the school district. Substitute teachers have the right to terminate their associations with the school district, with or without reason, and the school district retains the same right.Application Instructions
For your application to be deemed complete, you must complete the following:
1. Upload full and complete transcripts beginning with your Bachelors degee.
2. Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions.
3. Upload current resume.
4. Upload Colorado Department of Education issued teaching license or Substitute Authorization if applicable.
The entire application process is completed online. Please complete and upload all documents via the Applitrack system.
An orientation is required for all approved applicants prior to first assignment. Human Resources will email selected candidates to set up an orientation date.Non-Discrimination Disclosure
District 49 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Office of Civil Rights for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.