Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented identities to apply.
The best care starts with the best caregivers!
What will you do?
- Work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment where YOU are the one working with and helping critically and noncritically ill animals, providing them the best care 24/7!
- Work with an array of species including horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, llamas, alpacas, reindeer and occasional exotic species! From neonates to geriatrics.
- Join our team of LVTs who work closely with board-certified specialized veterinarians in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry, Emergency & Critical Care, Theriogenology (reproductive medicine), Anesthesiology and Ophthalmology.
- Be a part of a world-renowned specialty and emergency team in a state-of-the art facility
- Shape the future of veterinary medicine through collaboration with faculty, residents, and interns and instruction of our diverse and talented DVM students.
- Give back to your technician group by participating in our LVT preceptorship program, a summer program to provide experiential learning for Technicians in the middle of their degree program
The Cornell University Hospital for Animals provides 24-hour care for animals and our LVTs provide exceptional patient experiences during:
- Nights (includes shift differential pay)
- Holidays (includes generous holiday pay)
What are the qualifications?
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology.
- New York State licensure or eligibility to become licensed in NYS.
- New graduates welcome to apply!
- Interest in on-going career growth and advanced skill development.
What’s in it for you?
- Our LVT career ladder is focused on career and specialty advancement, with financial and mentorship support.
- 3 weeks of vacation and 13 holidays with generous holiday pay if you do work on those days.
- An award-winning employer with a choice benefits program.
- Comprehensive health care options.
- Access to wellness programs.
- Employee discounts with local and national retail brands.
- Generous retirement contributions.
- Impressive educational benefits include tuition-free Extramural Study and Employee Degree Program, Tuition Aid for external education, and Cornell Children's Tuition Assistance program.
- We invite you to follow this link to get more information: https://hr.cornell.edu/summaries-benefits.
Who we are and what we do:
Cornell University Hospital for Animals is our core clinical training, patient care and research unit within the CVM, composed of six diverse world-class veterinary clinical units providing primary and specialty care. The Cornell Veterinary teaching hospital has 23 services led by internationally renowned board-certified veterinary specialists, providing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic care of animals including 24/7 emergency care. We strive to provide a diverse, inclusive and fulfilling work environment for our family of employees who are committed to outstanding patient care, client service and veterinary training and research.
Cornell University, located at the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York State, is a center for discovery, academic leadership, and service. The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) is recognized internationally as a leader in animal medicine, public health, biomedical research, and veterinary medical education. Ranked as one of the best veterinary colleges in the world by US News & World Reports, the CVM excels in providing education and advanced training that prepare veterinarians and scientists to serve society in critical roles in clinical and diagnostic veterinary medicine, public health, scientific inquiry, and public policy.
We encourage you to apply!
Navigate to Workday, complete your profile information, and make sure to attach your cover letter and resume as one document!
**No visa sponsorship or relocation assistance available for this position
University Job Title:Licensed Veterinary Technician I
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Carolyn Chow
Number of Openings:1
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Department of Inclusion and Workforce Diversity at voice (607) 255-3976, fax (607) 255-7481, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.