1. JOB Details:
Job Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Salary Range: TBD
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (Saturday and Sunday 7:30am - 4:00pm)
Primary Location: 9124 S. Western Ave.
Program/Department: HR360 Housing Projects
EEO Code: Professional
Reports To: Clinical Team Leader
2. JOB SUMMARY
The MIST Licensed Vocational Nurse will be responsible for working with a targeted mental health population participating in a community-based program through a misdemeanor diversion court process. On-site services will include housing, clinical services, case management, medication management, and holistic assistance.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) assesses and monitors clients and provides care in accordance with treatment objectives and as instructed by supervisor.
- Provide basic nursing services as needed, including injections.
- Perform initial assessments and prepare clients medical chart.
- Oversee medication monitoring and ensure proper documentation is accurate throughout all shifts.
- Remain current in knowledge of Medical benefits and healthcare systems navigation.
- Input all client medication information into Welligent and Medisafe.
- Update client medications in Welligent and Medisafe as they change.
- Coordinate pharmacy services; order re-filles in a timely manner and track incoming medications as they arrive.
- Ensure medication inventory is accurate and pill count accurarely reflect in Medisafe.
- Interface with multidisciplinary team in treatment planning and service delivery, send a daily report outlining medication, daily audit discrepancies, and other relavant information regarding client's health or changes in client's care plan.
- Perform daily and weekly medication audits to ensure medication compliance.
- Serve as care coordinator for clients as assigned. Responsibilities include coordination of all services with other providers and completion of all coordinated care documentation.
- Coordinate PCP appointments, track results (including labs), and schedule follow-ups as necessary.
- Deliver medications to consumers when necessary.
- Maintain documentation in compliance with agency, HIPPA, and DHS standards.
- Provide case management services to clients as assigned.
- Facilitate medication education and health-oriented groups with consumers.
- Provide medication education consultations and collaboration with staff and student interns.
- Provide "whatever it takes" services to consumers including providing services where the consumer lives.
- Assist in crisis and symptom management.
- Provide field based services as required by program.
- Other duties as assigned.
4. EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Vocational Nurse in California.
- Ability to clear and maintain a background clearance (must be off of Parole or Probation)
Skills and Abilities
- Some experience providing case management services required
- Experience serving seriously and persistently mentally ill clients with co-occurring challenges. Knowledge of trauma preferred
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Action oriented. Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Dependable automobile and insurance, registration and valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed
- Experiance working with criminal justice population
Employment Type: Part Time