Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Per Visit - Temporary
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
- Partnership with Visiting Physicians Association allows staff easy access to doctors to optimize quality patient care.
- #1 operating point of care system/ Home Care Home Base.
- Ready access to professional resources such as wound care and rehabilitation specialists.
- Weekly team conferences to optimize patient care through open discussion with the interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible scheduling with very limited on-call and weekend hours.
- A Competitive salary package which includes a 401k match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Fast advancement opportunities in a rapidly expanding innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- A unique opportunity to provide care with specialty programs that focus on disease pathology, Health Literacy, and treating the whole patient.
- Agency is a Member of the National Association for Home Care.
Under the general supervision of the Administrator, the LVN/LPN provides intermittent skilled nursing services; communicates the patient’s progress with other disciplines and directs, supervises and instructs non-professional home health aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides intermittent Skilled Nursing services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care
- Provides Skilled Nursing visits according to visit schedule and notifies agency of need to alter schedule
- Reports significant findings to patient’s Physician and Clinical Supervisor as they occur
- Submits completed skilled nursing visit notes per agency policy on designated days as requested by Clinical Supervisor
- Submits change orders per agency policy
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s) which may include personal hygiene, changing of bed linens, dressing and ambulation and transfers as the patient need arises and/or as instructed
- Maintains open lines of communications to all members of the continuum of care team
- Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements
- Is responsible for obtaining information provided at skilled nurse in-services and meetings and demonstrates appropriate follow-up related to information given at meetings and in-services
- Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request
- Follows agency policies and procedures
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator
- Participates in discharge planning process per Medicare Criteria and agency policy and procedure
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A current unencumbered State Professional Nurse License
- An automobile to be used for work, current Driver’s License, good driving record and proof of insurance
- The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment
- The ability to assess and document patient needs and meet those needs
- Proficiency in clinical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in personal computer use including e-mail, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Able to lift 40 pounds from floor to shoulder
- Repetitive walking, standing, sitting, bending, and use of hands
- Able to drive car 2-4 hours per day
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One year of experience as a professional nurse