Vighter has an amazing opportunity for Licensed Vocational Nurses to perform work at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX. LVNs provide care for primarily adult patients before and after surgical procedures; they also attend to those who are being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. Due to the broad range of medical conditions Med/Surge Nurses will encounter, they must be well-versed in a large variety of health conditions. Med/Surge Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. Join a team that is focused on providing excellent healthcare services to support military families and work at one of the leading Department of Defense medical facilities in the US.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY:
- Competitive hourly rate plus shift differentials
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life, Disability, 401K, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, med-mal etc.
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave provided annually
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 paid holidays per year
Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse Medical Surgical
Location: William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
- Consults and coordinates with registered nurses to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with policies
- Educates patients on surgical procedures
- Records patients medical information and vital signs
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs
- Changes dressings
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Participates in discharge planning
- Utilizes time management skills
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- A diploma or certificate of training from a school or pogrom of instruction recognized by the American Nurses Association.
- A minimum of one-year of experience within the last year working as a full time LVN
- Must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate endorsed through American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers.
- Shall be a United States Citizen
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- A minimum of one year of full-time experience providing services as an independently licensed vocational nurse in an in-patient environment.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Position is contingent upon contract award