Under the supervision of the Assistant Executive Director or designee, the Nurse shall consult and see to all medical needs of the clients on a daily basis. The Nurse shall order and monitor appropriate medications with the psychiatrist, and communicate with and be a support to the clinicians, school staff and house staff.
1. Organize, prioritize and deliver a health service program.
2. Responsible for all appropriate medical Follow-up on clients as required by California State Licensing.
3. Maintains professional standards when dealing with: a. Medical community b. Social Workers/Probation Officers c. Parents d. Local community at large
4. Responsible for scheduling and preparing of files and other materials needed by psychologists and psychiatrist, enabling them to meet with clients and make appropriate notes and medication changes.
5. Responsible for coordinating all prescriptions according to physician’s orders.
6. Responsible for ensuring documentation of medication dosage changes made by physician in clients’ files and communicates information to all appropriate staff.
7. Responsible for delivery and documentation of medication support services
8. Provides ongoing medical evaluations to clients.
1. Must maintain and provide copy of current Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) certification.
2. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, personal automobile insurance, and driving record that meets the standards outlined in the Agency's Personnel Policy; Motor Vehicle Operating Standards.
3. Must be physically and mentally fit in accordance with the Agency’s Physical and Mental Standards and must be willing to complete a health screening physical examination that includes a drug screening test and back screen.
4. Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation conducted by the State of California and must meet California Community Care Licensing standards for employment.
5. Requires the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies; effectively deal with personal danger; maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of exercising sound judgment and rational thinking under varied circumstances. Must be able to work safely with seriously emotionally disturbed children who may become violent, and physically and verbally offensive, without reacting in a negative, cruel or hostile manner towards the client.
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Full Time OR if candidate would prefer Part Time Work then specific days can be selected for example (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday OR Thursday and Friday) same hours
Years Experience: Less than 1 year
Salary: $22 - $25 Hourly