Responsible for performing moderately complex and/or specialized patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a clinician or Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure that patients receive appropriate care. Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
• Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate DaVita Medical Group’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with internal and external customers
• Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
• Directs patient to proper exam/treatment area and prepares patient for examinations and other procedures. Assists in the transportation of patient and patient flow.
• Obtains records and reports vital signs and any other pertinent patient information to the RN or clinician.
• Administers medication, performs various patient tests, and instructs patients on procedural preparations under the supervision of the clinician or RN.
• Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of new refills as ordered by the clinician.
• Collects, labels, and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations.
• Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas and medical equipment.
• Maintains logs, records of medical procedures, and inventories of supplies.
• Performs telephone screening.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum: 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
• Minimum: Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program.
• Minimum: Current LVN license.
• Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
• Preferred: I.V. therapy and phlebotomy certification.
• Minimum: 1-3 years of experience.
• Preferred: Previous LPN/LVN work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Computer literate.
• Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.