About Penn Mutual:
Since 1847, Penn Mutual has been committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through Hornor, Townsend & Kent, Inc. Registered Investment Advisor and wholly owned subsidiary. Member FINRA/SIPC. We are proud to work together in a values-driven and relationship-based culture. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.
Field liaison supporting Life New Business and Advisers in the IFN Distribution channel. Provide services to advisers for overall support and to enhance our commitment to the Adviser/Client relationship.
- Provide support and triage services to Advisers
- Assist Advisers with field underwriting guidelines and expectations
- Assist STAR Advisers as required
- Effectively utilize systems such as SmartOffice and Insight to keep Advisers updated
- Closely partners with Life New Business Relationship team to deliver an exceptional adviser experience
- Assist with new business processing if necessary
- Order medical requirements if necessary
- Promote our digital experience in ACE and Insight
- Serve as a resource and direct questions to the appropriate home office support groups
- Work closely with the RMD’s, RMS’s and IFN offices
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Typically a minimum of 2-4 years related experience
- Experience with life insurance/annuity products required
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and excellent organizational skills, ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Adaptable to a changing environment and flexibility around work assignments
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement
- Competent computer experience with demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office and the ability to utilize multiple systems and windows simultaneously
- Basic math skills
- Strong attention to details
- Knowledge of Home Office and Field Office systems such as Insight, Smart Office, RemitPro, Paperclip, SNAP, ACE, etc.
- Experience in Case Design and Illustrations
- Ability to order medical requirements
- Ability to triage Advisers
- Understanding of underwriting requirements
- Understanding of Age & Amount requirements
- Familiar with the Underwriting and New Business process
- Familiar with the STAR Adviser process
- Ability to screen questions and direct questions to appropriate individuals/groups
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.