Dean-Fluor offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Life Safety Technician II job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Installation, troubleshooting and repair of complex networked fire alarm/mass notification systems with limited or no supervision.
-Assisting in setup of fire alarm equipment and components for PITCO testing facility process.
-Assisting our Construction Fire Alarm Division in troubleshooting, inspecting and testing large scale networked fire alarm/mass notification systems for extended periods of time.
-May require some overtime hours at night, on weekends and at a moment’s notice for emergency calls.
-Experience with conduit bending, understanding of blue prints and wiring schematics and layout of system installations.
-Ability to operate various types of test equipment including audibility and intelligibility test equipment.
-Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
-Exceptional communication skills with customers, other field personnel, office staff and sub-contractors
-Must be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments, and other interruptions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing or progressing with projects and assignments.
- Candidate must be able to achieve and maintain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED coupled with six (6) or more years' fire alarm industry experience. In addition must have:
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), Fire Alarm Systems, Level II
- Extensive knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Alarm systems installation.
- Ability to perform intermediate level calculations including: Battery, NAC panel and system standby.
- Experience with a variety of system manufacturers including: EST, Notifier, Siemens, Gamewell, Honeywell, etc.
-Excellent troubleshooting skills including, researching online, system manuals to resolve problems
-Must possess the ability to troubleshoot complex networked fire alarm/mass notification systems with limited or no supervision.