To ensure the good will of pool patrons by maintaining a safe aquatic atmosphere.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report directly to the Aquatic Manager, Aquatic Specialist, Pool Managers, and Head Lifeguard.
- Provide a safe aquatic environment for the public.
- Responsible for enforcing rules and regulations governing the conduct of pool patrons.
- Follow the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, CRP/AED, first aid and established emergency action plan procedures developed by the department in the event of an emergency.
- Attendance of mandatory monthly in-service trainings (2 hrs. per month off peak / 4 hrs. per month peak).
- Maintenance and cleaning of the pool, pool deck, concessions, locker rooms, showers, rest rooms, and other areas as directed by the pool managers.
- Project a professional and healthy image through dress, behavior and attitude.
- Respond to all patron needs in a courteous manner and report comments/complaints to the manager on duty.
- Teach American Red Cross based swimming lessons as assigned.
- Assist with the City of Ballwin Parks & Recreation programs and events as needed.Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. objects.
- Maintain a professional and mature attitude toward responsibilities, fellow staff and patrons.
- Work effectively with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
- Must be flexible to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
UNIFORM & EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
Whistle, swim suit, sunglasses, hat/visor, sunscreen, rescue tube, resuscitation mask, automated external defibrillation, backboard, Sheppard's crook, ring buoy, pool skimmers, and cleaning supplies.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid, CPR/AED for the Lifeguard, Preventing Disease Transmission and Waterpark Lifeguarding. Training Available
Starting Rate: $9.45/hour, Education/Certification Salary Incentives