How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
The YMCA of Austin is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team! As a Lifeguard, you are the safety leader of the pool and ensure the safety of our members and program participants. You explain the rules and guidelines to our members and program participants. You play a critical role in maintaining equipment, inspecting pool chemicals, pool temperatures, and cleanliness. This position reports to the Aquatics Director. This is a part-time role based out of Springs YMCA Branch.
- Free individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value).
- Flexible schedules
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs and more
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You must be a minimum of 16 years of age. You have a current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard Certification that includes CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen or you are committed to obtaining the Lifeguard Certification at our local YMCAs.
- Teamwork: You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you are able to work well with others.
- Organized and Productive: You are organized, able to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- Availability: You have a flexible schedule during operational hours.
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $11.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.