About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, “Bora Bora” style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa® & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the swimming pool and water slide in the Recreation Department. Assists Team Members in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the pool area, as well as enforcing all policies and procedures. Cheerfully accommodates the needs and requests of any guest, ensuring a positive guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe’s Policies and Procedures.
- Must adhere to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino’s standards and policies.
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations governing conduct of guests using the pool.
- Respond quickly and effectively in distress or emergency situations. Execute emergency action procedures if necessary, such as performing basic first aid, CPR and other lifesaving techniques as necessary.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of guests using the pool.
- Report potential physical hazards and unsafe conditions to management.
- Greet all guests entering and leaving the pool area.
- Constant walk through of pool and beach area to ensure it is clean and organized.
- Set up and break down the pool deck and chickee huts for events or during a state of emergency.
- Perform pressure washing to maintain cleanliness of pool area and beach chairs.
- Inspect entire pool and beach area, notifying management of any issues that need to be corrected.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of similar experience required or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Must possess excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with pool guests. Must be CPR, First Aid, AED (Automatic External Defibrillator), and Lifeguard certified. Must be able to swim, pull or drag through the water individuals of all sizes and to perform job functions in all weather conditions.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
DisclaimerWhile this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).