HealthFitness has a great opportunity for part-time (15 hrs/week) Lifeguards at our client site located in Beaumont, TX. In this position, you will be responsible for preventing accidents and promoting water safety at all times to members and guest of the aquatic facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Available for any assistance needed by members, guest or staff.
- Keep deck clean and clear of obstacles and debris at all times.
- Test water and record readings and report problems to Supervisor or Manager on Duty.
- Administer and follow all Aquatic Center guidelines in order to ensure the safety of members and guest.
- Make sure equipment is stored safely and properly.
- Follow all written regulations and procedures.
- Assist in upkeep of locker rooms.
- Assist in light maintenance of pool area.
- May be asked to assist with special programs throughout the facility.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding certifications required.
- Must possess excellent swimming skills and be able to swim 500 meters using the 5 basic strokes.
- Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in pool maintenance, chemicals, and upkeep.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.