HealthFitness has a great opportunity for part-time (1-20 hours per week)Lifeguardsat ournewclient site in West Hartford, CT. In thisposition, you will coordinate and operate the aquatic facilities and areas. You will also maximize participation, outcomes, and customer satisfaction within the aquatic areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and well being of patrons using theaquatic facilities.
- Observe and enforce all rules and regulations.
- Perform facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensure facility and equipment are clean. Ensure personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Reduce chance of injury and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations.
- Respond quickly to all emergency situations.
- Administer emergency first aid to injured victims.
- Communicate with other staff when additional assistance is needed.
- Attend all in-service training programs and be aware of all facility programming.
- Swim on a weekly basis to stay in good swimming shape.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Current lifeguard certification.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must successfully completeLifeguard water test.
- Current CPR certification for the professional rescuer.
- Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Previous experience in some aspect of aquatics operation.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Maintain professional behavior and appearance.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.