YMCAof Glendale Glendale, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: Lifeguards and Swim Instructors (Part Time/Seasonal) needed for the YMCA of Glendale to maintain a safe swimming environment, prevent and respond to aquatics emergencies, effectively plan and provide the YMCA swim instruction curriculum, and provide leadership, guidance and support to members in their pursuit of health and well-being. This position is for energetic individuals who will be responsible for maintaining safe swim environment by enforcing the pool rules and YMCA's policies.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding or YMCA Lifeguarding,
- First Aid
- CPR for professional rescuer
- Oxygen Administration
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ability to maintain the required certifications.
- Water Safety Instructor, or YMCA swim instructor (preferable)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of water hazards, pool safety, lifesaving techniques and first aid; principles and techniques of swimming and lifesaving; and appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to swim with proficiency and endurance; analyze situations, react appropriately, remain calm and efficient in caring for problems; maintain constant supervision of assigned area and note any signs of danger.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage and instruct youths, adults, and seniors in a class setting.
- Provide appropriate swim stroke technique, form and endurance training including but not limited to breaking down a stroke, working with participants that exhibit fear and anxiety and providing constructive progress reports.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, co-workers, volunteers, members and the general public.
- Demonstrates commitment to the YMCA Mission and Core Values