- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Cleveland Heights High School
Description: Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, the lifeguard is primarily responsible for overall student safety in and out of the water. The lifeguard will ensure the safety of all students by eliminating/reducing hazards and hazardous behavior; providing immediate care and/or rescue when necessary and responding to life-threatening situations. Lifeguards needed to cover shifts between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 190 days/year.
- Responsible for student safety in and out of the water
- Maintain a safe environment for all users
- Use life-saving techniques learned in certification when appropriate
- Enforce pool rules and regulations consistently
- Know policy and procedure for emergencies.
Minimum Qualifications: Certified lifeguard; certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED training; adequate people skills; effective communication skills; ability to handle difficult situations calmly and effectively.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous lifeguard experience