Responsible for the safety of swimmers and for the enforcement of all pool rules and regulations. Maintains a safe and fun environment and perform general maintenance tasks.
- Keep CPR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen and Lifeguard Certifications valid.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, rules, regulations and ordinances.
- Utilize appropriate rescue techniques and follow up procedures.
- Maintain the pool deck area and keep clean.
- Report potential physical hazards and unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Check, records and maintain pool chemical levels every 3 hours. Notify Coordinator of any problem.
- Maintain a record of the number of swimmers using the facility.
- Open and/or close the pool at scheduled times.
- Position yourself at the assigned locations at the pool for maximum visibility.
- Curtail misuse of the facility and enforce pool rules.
- Request swim test for children wanting to swim in deep end.
- Other duties as assigned.