Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Lifeset Specialists provide their 17-21 year old clients with the knowledge to utilize all available community resources.These counselors are able to help clients become self sufficient by assisting them in locating and learning how to use community resources such as housing, employment and education.
- Carry a maximum caseload of 8-10 young adults
- Meet with the young adult a minimum of one time per week, increasing and decreasing as directed by the Clinical Supervisor on the basis of clinical need.
- Provide on call crisis support to the client 24 hours a day 7 days a week (alternating on-call duties).
- Provide accurate and complete information to Clinical Supervisor in a timely manner in the event of a crisis situation.
- Implement suggestions of interventions provided by supervisor and/or consultant in a timely manner to be reflected in the next treatment plan cycle.
- Participate weekly in all supervision exercises to ensure the appropriate conceptualization and implementation of treatment.
- Provide all therapeutic services in accordance with Youth Villages’ Mission and Values and LifeSet Model Principles.
- Conduct on-going assessment of the young adult’s needs from a strength focused, solution-based perspective.
- Engage and align with the young adult and their support system to elicit full participation in treatment.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance. Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
**This position would temporarily work out of the Jeffersonville, IN office**
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a social services discipline is required. Degrees that can be considered include: social work, counseling, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
One year of related experience in counseling and/or case management is preferredStrong organizational skills and attention to detail Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously Basic computer knowledge Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and VisionRetirement Savings Pension Plan403 (b)2 weeks paid vacation12 paid sick days per year10 paid holidays
Paid Parental LeaveMileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement