Light Equipment Operator assists in the recycling process by operating a variety of equipment including forklift, grapple cranes, stationary shear, stationary baler, etc.
- Inspects equipment, make sure everything is safe and in working condition
- Loads, unloads and sorts material
- Inspects materials to quality standards
- Knows quality standards, materials grades, what materials can/cannot be loaded
- Utilizes all yard operating equipment including: shag truck, forklifts, skid steer, wheel loader, stationary baler, stationary shear, alligator shear as necessary
- Performs basic maintenance on the machinery
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must wear all necessary PPE while working or while in the yard. Follows company safety standards at all times. Failure to follow safety standards may result in loss of position.