Project Manager - Lighting
Electrical Wholesale Industry
Due to sales growth, we are looking to add to our Corporate Lighting Department
Steiner Electric is a family-owned company founded in 1916. Steiner Electric is the 35th largest electrical supply business in the country, with eight locations in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and Southeast Wisconsin. We represent many of leading manufacturers in the industry. With a team of 475 employees, we service customers with standard electrical and industrial supplies and represent automation products, motors and drives, energy management, field service and custom products. Steiner is a close family culture with a strong commitment to customer service, values, integrity and community service.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K and profit sharing.
We are looking for positive, ambitious, outgoing individuals with impeccable people skills to be part of a growth oriented Sales Team.
The primary responsibility of the Lighting Project Manager is to fully manage the entire lighting project according to our terms and conditions. Detailed and timely formal documentation throughout the entire project with all parties at all times. Project file and communications kept in a clear and professional manner/system allowing anyone to easily review any open or past issue for accuracy and accountability. Promptly communicate any issue to anyone at Steiner that would be needed to insure the best results.
Essential Position Functions:
- Communicate with customers regarding requirements. This may be done via telephone, fax, mail, e-mail or online ordering.
- Provide technical information and pricing as needed to customers to help determine the best products for the particular application. This may be achieved through the use of vendor catalogs, vendor websites, vendor technical specialists or Steiner specialists.
- Coordinate Buy Quote for commercial, industrial, and residential lighting projects.
- Coordinate Buys Quote
- Obtain buys requested by customer; revise quote with buy numbers and resend
- Obtain final, legal purchase approval for bill of material from customer
- Assemble prices and buys for Project Management
- Manage project
- Request Submittal Package from CS person
- Enter HOLD FOR RELEASE order with vendor(s)
- Submit Package for approval
- Review Submittal Package Meeting
- Receive approval; release orders to vendor(s)
- Process all orders and change orders required.
- Process ship only, pick up only tickets when needed
- Take responsibility for all issues related to job
- Negotiate all potential change backs prior to presenting to Corp. Lighting Manager, VP of Sales and CFO final approval
- Notify Accounts Payable immediately when a supplier error may cause a customer to hold payment of invoice or prepare a debit memo to deduct from next payment: send email to Accounts Payable Manager describing problem, copy account manager, Lighting Dept. Manager, VP of Sales and VP of Purchasing.
- Purchase specialty items for customers such as non-stock items for direct shipment.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Support and promote specified vendors (example A-D) and product promotions.
- Enter orders in the most cost effective and profitable way, such as drop ship, customer pick up or UPS carrier instead of our truck.
- Follow ISO procedures regarding section 300 Sales Order Entry and Contract Review. Take into consideration Steiner Lien rights for all contractor job orders. Proactive (initiate) timely communication with credit department personnel, CFO, VP Sales to head off anything that would jeopardize timely payments according our terms and conditions.
- Interact with customers and vendors at Steiner/Vendor sponsored events.
- Coordinate efforts with Customer Service/Returns to correct Steiner errors, such as entry mistakes, picking mistakes, delivery issues and RGA requests in a quick efficient method. This may require the drafting of CSA�s.
- Promote and discuss on site Company events.
- Offer suitable stock substitutes for non-stock products.
- Utilize email, Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel and the Internet to obtain any pertinent information regarding customer requests.
- Participate in all training, including but not limited to on site classes, off-site classes and web based training in order to keep up to date on the most current product technology.
- Offer and sell �all of Steiner, all the time, to all customers�; products, services and solutions and market all divisions respectively
Marginal Position Functions:
- Process and distribute forms or send job queues to document and assist in correcting problems and expedite closure to open issues.
- Work with Customer service Detailed Open Order Report, Open Credit Report, and other reports as necessary to expedite and clean up open orders and returns.
Position Requirements: Education, Knowledge, Training, Experience, Licenses, Certification
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Minimum five years� work experience at lighting inside sales.
- Competent in application and use of an ordering system.
- Knowledge of the lighting industry.
- Knowledge of the product lines Steiner represents.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Competent in searching the internet and using a company intranet.
- Able and willing to access the necessary resources (for example, product catalogs, vendor web sites, literature, product presentations, training, department peers and other employees) to meet customer requirements, resolve customer issues and sell all of Steiner.
- Able to take telephone calls, transfer calls, park calls, leave voicemails, use the phone directory, create and update personal voice mail greeting, daily if necessary, and page.
- Very competent with email communication.
- Professional communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work with others and function as a team member.
Steiner is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Steiner employs people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.