ABM Industries is seeking a Lighting Technician to join our team in Tustin, CA. As an ABM Lighting Tech you will service, maintain, repair, replace, and install commercial and industrial lighting systems, fixtures, and bulbs. In this role you will travel to commercial, industrial, and high-tech client sites in your assigned territory to complete scheduled and preventative maintenance and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Check for and replace burned-out bulbs
- Clean lighting fixtures of all dust and debris
- Replace lighting fixtures and hardware as necessary
- Performs assigned duties in a timely, efficient and safe manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean and safe work area.
- Maintains, cleans, and operates company vehicle in a safe manner. Manages truck stock and parts inventory.
- Produces clear and complete written reports that meet the needs of the customer and company.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Understands and implements every safety practice expected by the organization.
- Participate in On-Call Schedule as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year previous experience as a Lighting Technician in commercial, industrial, and/or high-tech facility.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience producing written reports.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
The position requires frequent sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, and stooping. The employee will be frequently required to turn head and torso, bend and flex arms, wrists, and fingers, reach with hands and arms, lift or move objects weighing 50 lbs or more. Employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Position requires that employee have full use of eyes and ears and full power of speech.
Typical office conditions, plus constant visits throughout the building and rooftop, where the individual is around equipment and dust, and in extremes of heat and cold. Position may require travel to other locations for public relations, meetings, training, and education.