Organization: Adventist Health Physicians Network
Primary Location: United States-California-Moorpark
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2020, 9:48:04 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Limited Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant who:
Performs non-invasive, routine, technical support services under the specific authorization and supervision of a licensed physician, podiatrist, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse midwife. Performs x-ray procedures limited to certification scope. Applies prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis at the technical level, not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Prepares and maintains treatment rooms and equipment trays. Drapes and positions patients. Hands equipment, supplies, and instruments to physicians. Performs specimen collection and point of care testing according to protocol. Operates the testing equipment, develops x-ray films, makes necessary adjustments to diagnostic equipment within scope and maintains patient testing records.
- Sets up exam rooms and checks in patients. Maintains a patient recall system, including continuity of care log for lab tests, referrals and transfers. Obtains vital signs, and reports significant findings and pertinent patient observations to clinic physician. Documents all information in the Electronic Health Record as instructed.
- Performs venipunctures as ordered.
- Performs audiometry and vision testing.
- Manages scanning of paper records, responds to messages and records calls within scope. Supports prescription refill process with physicians.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Certificate/Diploma from X-ray Technician school: Required
- in CA
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Fluoroscopy license in state of employment: Preferred
- Venipuncture certification: Preferred
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (LMRT) Certificate: Required
- Medical Assistant Credential (CMA or RMA) or equivalent combination of licensure and experience: Preferred
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification: Preferred