This position is responsible for managing the buffet line(s) in the dining room at the Cove. Responsible for maintaining line for all events and programs.
The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove (BGTC) was founded in 1987 by Billy and Ruth Graham to offer a retreat for people to leave the demands of daily life to study the Bible. The mission of the BGTC is “Training People in God’s Word to Win Others to Christ.”
The Line Attendant position is responsible for managing the buffet line(s) in the dining room at the Cove. Responsible for maintaining line for all events and programs. This is an associate position, located at the Billy Graham Training Center in Ashville, North Carolina, with a requirement of 19 hours a week up to 999 hours a year. It does not include benefits.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Sets positive example of service and integrity at all times.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insure buffet line(s) is prepared and ready for service 15 minutes before the scheduled beginning of a meal time
- Coordinate with kitchen staff during the meal to keep the lines well stocked
- Maintain proper sanitation requirements and insure equipment is good order
- Maintain excellence in the presentation of food and surrounding area
- Maintain a neat & organized linen room
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned by Food Services Coordinator or Guest Services Manager
- Reports to Food Services Coordinator or Guest Services Manager
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Able to maintain a high level of Christian integrity and professionalism
- Able to be courteous and enthusiastic, and present a neat and pleasant appearance
- Able to set an example of a positive work ethic and attitude
- Able to implement the North Carolina health codes
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, solve problems and be detail oriented
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to function effectively as a team member
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Able to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
- Able to walk and stand for extended period of time
- Able to bend, stretch, and lift moderate weights
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Futhermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24: 46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
EXPECTATIONS FOR MINISTRY EMPLOYMENT
As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
- I understand that BGEA has the right and the responsibility to ensure that its Christian religious purpose is carried on with the highest standards and is not harmed or impeded by conduct that is inconsistent with the Bible, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, its Christian religious purpose, or its policies.
- I understand that any of my conduct which is not in keeping with the scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies, is inconsistent with BGEA’s Christian religious purpose.
- I understand that if my conduct is determined by BGEA to be inconsistent with its Christian religious purpose, the result will be corrective action up to and including termination from employment.