The Word Equestrian Center located in Wilmington, OH is seeking Cafe Cooks to to join our culinary team. Ideal candidates have excellent customer service skills, experience in food and banquet services and a desire to provide a great experience for our guests. Weekend availability is a must.
Our compensation package includes an $12.00 - $16.00 hourly starting wage(commensurate with experience and skills), 401k with match, dining and travel discounts , special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers.
New hires in this position will receive $500 sign on bonus:
- Applicant must not have been employed by CHM previously in the past 12 months or worked at a Columbus Hospitality Management property through a temp agency or related program in the past 12 months.
- $125 paid after 30 days of successful employment.
- $125 paid after 90 days of successful employment.
- All bonuses contingent upon perfect attendance and adherence to company policy.
- Confer with manager on duty about prep list to determine requirements of the day.
- Follow company recipes and procedures when preparing or cooking food.
- Work in a clean, efficient and organized manner.
- Audit guest checks to be certain all food items are rung up properly.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and appearance.
- Assist with controlling costs and waste.
- Observe good sanitation and safety procedures.
- Maintain sense of ownership in respect to kitchen equipment.
- Work effectively and professionally with other departments of the restaurant.
- Assist in opening/closing duties and clean-up work as required.
- Other duties requested by management.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to assist other departments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a food establishment preferred.
- Culinary Experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working in banquet services is highly preferred.