Come join one of the most exciting restaurant startups blazing new paths in the industry!
Position: Line Cook in Chicago, IL - BOH
Classification: Part-Time Hourly Non-Exempt
Compensation: Compensation $15/hour and includes Paid Time Off
*NOTE- Filling out a full application is required for this and all positions.
About Epic Kitchens: Epic Kitchens, Inc. is building the largest network of dark kitchen operations in the world, leveraging the power of global restaurant brands and the massive dark kitchen/ghost kitchen infrastructure.
Characteristics of a Line Cook:
- Enjoys continuous learning of new concepts and recipes
- Takes and prepares incoming orders with a friendly and professional attitude, ensuring accuracy and quality, respecting people and place under stress
- Passionate about doing the job right while meeting or exceeding speed of service standards
- Knowledge of safety standards to insure food safety compliance, sanitation and proper organization (ex. replenish and rotate food, keep kitchen environment clean at all times)
- Flexible and willing to work all kitchen duties and functions including but not limited to: dishwashing, prep, cold station, fry, grill, sauté, cleaning, packaging and presentation
- Critical thinking skills, sound decision making and problem solving
- Proficient in the following aspects of restaurant operations: food prep, sanitation, cooking, plating
- Math – Ability to do basic addition and subtraction
- Teamwork – Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team whether team is present or not
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with company policies and procedures, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands
- Must maintain balance to stand and walk for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours a day in environment with hazards including slippery (wet or icy) floors, sharp equipment, and waist level kitchen hazards including fryers and stove tops
- Must be able to work in high stress, high temperature environments for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to execute frequent repetitive physical motions such as walking, bending, reaching above head, reaching at waist level, reaching below waist, button pushing, for up to 10 hours a day
This is not a full job description, please see actual job description for additional details and responsibilities
Epic Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Epic Kitchens is committed to providing equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.