Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA Healthcare’s East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical surgery hospital providing award-winning procedures. Leveraging the latest technologies and treatment protocols, Aventura meets both the elective and emergency healthcare needs of its neighboring communities and international visitors. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. Aventura’s Comprehensive Community Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and they are an American College of Radiology accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is home to a community rich in diversity and infused with world class culture. A prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provideunprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and theUnited Kingdom.
- Prepares hot foods in sufficient quantities to cover requirements according to production sheets, while avoiding over-production, thus eliminating waste and/or leftovers.
- Grills, cooks, prepares food for food service areas and fills in for cafeteria workers as needed in their absence.
- Times preparation of foods to meet food service schedules.
- Prepares food according to standardized recipes.
- Places hot food items in steam tables just prior to serving to ensure correct temperatures.
- Serves meals on the patient tray line, using standardized portion sizes, or as marked.
- Provides quality food preparation and service, which can be seen by color and consistency of therapeutic diets.
- Follows recommended serving portion size from recipe or production sheets.
- Follows menus provided and makes changes according to food supplies after consulting with Director or Dietitian.
- Checks next day menus for necessary pre-preparation (i.e. pulling frozen meat for tempering, cooking roasts).
- Labels hot food items for modified diets.
- Utilizes creativity and know-how in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
- Uses proper techniques in storage, handling, holding of hot food items, including leftovers, label and date.
- Prepares and uses appropriate garnishes on patient trays based on approve therapeutic diets.
- Attends all mandatory hospital and department in-services.
- Completes duties quickly and efficiently, without compromising quality of work.
- Uses all necessary food service equipment as needed, using proper safety precautions and operation procedures (convection oven, microwave oven, bain marie, slicing machine, kettles, steamers, steam tables, grill, broiler, deep fat fryer, mixers, blender, and knives.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Control activities as required.
- Cleans work areas on own initiative, continually maintains a neat and sanitary work area.
- Completes other duties as assigned.