The all new Hilton Birmingham at UAB is located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, AL, ideally situated in the city's vibrant Southside neighborhood. It's a great place to work! Only seven miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHM) and adjacent to the University of Alabama (UAB) campus, the Hilton Birmingham is only two blocks from the Five Points South Historic District, and within walking distance of seven hospitals including UAB Hospital, Kirklin Clinic and Children’s Health Systems. Our guests enjoy retreating to our completely renovated guest rooms while our new restaurant, The Lab Bar & Kitchen deliver southern inspired food and drinks with a local twist. We have 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space plus a dedicated event and catering staff, and we're an attractive venue for business meetings, conferences and special events that can handle up to 900 guests. Working here, you'll have access to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and can attend UAB graduation and sporting events. You'll also be able to explore Birmingham’s history as an industrial city at the Vulcan Park & Museum and Sloss Furnaces, and learn about events in U.S. history that affected our city at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. When you're not working at the hotel, you may want to spend a day at the Birmingham Zoo & Botanical Gardens or the McWane Science Center, or attend races at Barber Motorsports Park. We're always looking for dedicated, service-oriented employees who want to build their career in the hospitality industry. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hilton Birmingham at UAB can mean for you!
Quality food preparation, production, and service for restaurants and related conference/banquet facilities. Aid to provide development all culinary team; works closely with all line team members such as sous chefs, cooks of all levels and service team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide superior service to our guests (internal and external) at all times.
• Produce all necessary food for operation as determined by culinary management.
• Insure his/her station is adequate stocked and prep all items for service
• Maintain the highest of quality in all aspects, from freshness of product to product presentation.
• Insure cleanliness of the kitchen and to designated station.
• Adhere to all professional appearance standards as established by culinary management.
• Prepare a wide variety of complex dishes to spec while following recipe and plating cards
• Comply with established health and safety procedures and codes.
• The proper use operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
• The proper use of all production lists and control systems/activities.
• Confer regularly with immediate supervisor and other company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities/services, exchange information, resolve issues.
• Adhere to all standards and policies established by hotel management tea.
• Execute & adhere to all brand standards as outlined in Hilton’s Clean Stay Program.
• Perform all other tasks as directed by the Executive Chef and Executive Restaurant Chef within the scope of food service duties.
Pay starting at $12.50 per hour based on expierence
• Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of weights up to 50 lbs. and occasionally greater
• Frequent bending and/or kneeling throughout the day.
• Mobility throughout the hotel, all floors at times.
• Continuous standing required in varying degrees throughout the day.
• Basic to intermediate professional knowledge and skills in food preparation, cooking and presentation.
• Basic organizational skills.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of company personnel.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.