To produce all hot and cold food items for service in the restaurant and catering functions, ensuring that all are prepared according to Albertsons standards.
* Prepare food of consistent quality following Albertsons recipes.
* Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Practice safety standards at all times.
* Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
* Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
* Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
* Properly portion all items on assigned station.
* Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
* Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Must be able to perform all line cooking duties for all positions within assigned restaurant area.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Excellent verbal communication and personal skills
* Basic math skills
* Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Pizza, Fry, and Pantry.
* Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, as well as converse comfortably with chef.
* Team player and leader with the ability to function effectively in a diverse environment.
* Well organized, self-managing, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
* Work in a loud, fast paced, hot environment with a sense of urgency.
* Minimum 2 years of experience working in a casual full service restaurant or café
* Stable job history which demonstrates upward career progression.
* Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport objects weighing up to 50 lbs. repeatedly during a shift.
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7 hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
* Squat/Kneel: Frequent
* Bend/Stoop: Frequent
* Lift/Carry: Seldom lift/carry 1-50 lbs.
* Push/Pull: Seldom push/pull 50-120 lbs.
* Twist/Turn: Frequent
* Grip/Grasp: Frequent
* Reach: Continuous
* Stand/Walk: Continuous
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as a mutual understanding and respect. We provide employment training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We support a drug-free workplace- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled