Job Title: LINE COOK (including PREP)
Department: Back of House of BOH (we call it Heart of House or HOH internally)
Supervisors: General Manager, Assistant GM, Kitchen Manager, Assistant KM, Kitchen Trainer, Shift Lead
Licensing Required: If Applicable
Job Description: The role of the line cook is to prepare batched, prep and live orders according to the specified recipes for our guests, staff and owners. Guest satisfaction in our cinema revolves around the food appearance, quality and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for ensuring that every dish served meets the highest standards of quality.
- To set up and break down kitchen according to cinema guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Knowledgeable of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills required.
- Available to work any shift and all holidays.
- Ability to do repetitive work.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities; be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task.
- Have a commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Maintain current Food Handlers certification for the jurisdiction of employment.
- Sets up stations according to cinema kitchen guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary timely manner according to food handler’s guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by Flix.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift per Flix prep/par sheets.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Reads, comprehends and executes recipes according to the recipe card or batch card.
- Understands HAACP and how it affects our operation & guests.
- Performs additional responsibilities as required by the Kitchen Manager or Assistant KM at any time.
- Has knowledge of where and how everything is stored.
- Labels and dates all food items, as well as stores and rotates food as needed.
- Reports to managers when something is broken or needs repair.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers.
- Follows opening and closing procedures.
- Works in a fast-paced and hot environment.
- Follows written and/or verbal instructions.
- Flexible with job duties.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 50 lbs.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D - We are an e-Verify employer.