Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Line Cook.
Medical City Heart Hospital will have 63 private patient rooms and provide a wide array of cardiac services including complex vascular and heart surgery, advanced heart failure treatment, minimally invasive vascular surgery and other specialized heart care. The facility will also have the only dedicated cardiac emergency room in Dallas.
The 24-bed Medical City Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among
The Line Cook has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates skill in food preparation, display and service, which is in compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Prepares hot food items for cafeteria, physician’s dining, catering and room service operations according to standard recipes and HACCP guidelines; wears and changes gloves appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures all food items are labeled and dated correctly to ensure quality and freshness.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely handle and clean knives as well as other pieces of necessary equipment.
- Ensures all storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all food and supply items are in proper locations, rotates using FIFO to maintain quality and food safety. Removes and alerts supervisor of any outdated food items.
- Communicates all food quality issues, food shortages or necessary substitutions to Team Leader or Supervisor (Production/Retail) in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.