Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Line Cook.
We are seeking a Line Cook at Medical City Dallas to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Operating within our 801-bed tertiary care center, our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs.
The Line Cook has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates skill in food preparation, display and service, which is in compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Prepares hot food items for cafeteria, physician’s dining, catering and room service operations according to standard recipes and HACCP guidelines; wears and changes gloves appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures all food items are labeled and dated correctly to ensure quality and freshness.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely handle and clean knives as well as other pieces of necessary equipment.
- Ensures all storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all food and supply items are in proper locations, rotates using FIFO to maintain quality and food safety. Removes and alerts supervisor of any outdated food items.
- Communicates all food quality issues, food shortages or necessary substitutions to Team Leader or Supervisor (Production/Retail) in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.