Northwood Club is a premier country club established in 1946 and located in Dallas, Texas, best known for hosting the 1952 U.S. Open. We have a newly renovated PGA Championship Golf Course which was named #1 Best Golf Course Renovation in Avid Golfer Magazine. The club also has a Distinguished Clubs of the World Emerald Designation for outstanding member service. We are currently looking for a full time Cook for mornings. The position includes full time benefits.
Reports to: Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Banquet Chef
Classification: Full -Time, Hourly and Non Exempt
General Purpose: Responsible for execution of cooking. Must be able to work in a team-oriented, high volume guest centric environment to provide an exceptionally distinctive member experience.
- Prepare high quality food items to order for our members
- Follow recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed members' expectations
- Coordinate food orders to support timely and efficient delivery through the line so delivery to tables is satisfactory
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure member safety
- Meeting special member requests while ensuring same high quality standards
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
- Attends staff meetings when required
Education/Experience: High school education; or up to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: May be required to read banquet event orders and recipes. Must be able to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: May be required: to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Use measuring methods.
Reasoning Ability: May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one and two step instructions; to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands: Frequently stands and walks; uses hands to finger, feel or handle; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, sits, talks or hears. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Frequently works in hot and humid conditions (non-weather) and near stoves and ovens. Regularly works in extreme heat (non-weather). Noise level is moderate.
Certificates/Licenses: Must be at least age 18. Certifications in City of Dallas Food Safety, Certified Culinarian preferred but not required.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the employee may be required to communicate with English speaking members or co-workers, the manuals for equipment the employee may use are in English).
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.